Louisiana Wildlife Federation
Intern (Summer or Fall 2016)
Since its inception in 1940, the Louisiana Wildlife Federation (LWF) has worked to restore, preserve, and increase Louisiana’s wildlife and wild places. Whether leading the charge or behind the scenes, at the Capitol or in the field, LWF is taking action to conserve our natural resources and the citizens’ right to enjoy them. Louisiana is “Sportsman’s Paradise,” and the LWF works to protect our sporting and outdoor recreation heritage and the environment required to support it. LWF, a 501(c)(3) corporation, is comprised of 24 affiliate member organizations from around the state and numerous individual and business contributing members, and is an affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation. The office is located in Baton Rouge.
LWF is seeking an intern to support our outreach, event planning and communications work. The successful candidate will have solid writing skills, attention to detail, experience using social media (Facebook and Twitter), and knowledge of the basics of website design. Interest in wildlife conservation is preferred. The intern will work under supervision of the Executive Director. This position offers the opportunity to gain experience in nonprofit advocacy, online media and promotion, event planning, and policy related to wildlife and habitat protection and enhancement.
· Update social media and the LWF website with relevant content
· Assist in writing copy and editing for a print newsletter as well as e-Newsletters using Constant Contact
· Assist in communicating with LWF committees on conservation policy issues
· Assist in maintaining an updated media list and press releases
· Assist in preparing for events, that may include a convention, awards banquet, outdoor events, special programs
· Assist in periodic membership mail-outs if needed
· Other light office duties as assigned
· Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Publisher, Excel
$11 per hour
This position is part-time and short-term through December 2016 (Summer or Fall semester).
Work schedule can be flexible from 10 – 20 hours per week.
LWF does not offer benefits to hourly employees per LWF’s Employment, Compensation & Benefit Policy.
Please send resume’ and a writing sample to Rebecca Triche, executive director, at email@example.com.