To download a printer-friendly pdf of this application, click here.
Louisiana Wildlife Federation
Since its inception in 1940, the Louisiana Wildlife Federation has worked to restore, preserve, and increase Louisiana’s wildlife and wild places. Whether leading the charge or behind the scenes, at the Capitol or in the field, LWF is taking action to conserve our natural resources and the citizens’ right to enjoy them. Louisiana is “The Sportsman’s Paradise,” and the LWF works to protect our sporting heritage and the environment required to support it. LWF, a 501(c)(3) corporation, is comprised of 26 affiliate member organizations and numerous individual and business contributing members, and is an affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation.
LWF is seeking an intern to support our outreach, event planning and policy work. The successful candidate will have solid writing skills, attention to detail, experience using social media (Facebook and Twitter), and knowledge of the basics of website design. Interest in wildlife conservation is preferred. The intern will work under supervision of the Executive Director. This position offers the opportunity to gain experience in nonprofit advocacy, online media and promotion, and policy related to wildlife and habitat protection and enhancement.
· Update social media and the LWF website with relevant content
· Assist in writing copy for a print newsletter as well as e-Newsletter using Constant Contact
· Assist in communicating with LWF committees on conservation policy issues
· Assist in maintaining an updated media list and press releases
· Assist in preparing for Spring events including an awards banquet and outdoor events
· Assist in periodic membership mail-outs if needed
· Other light office duties as assigned
· Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Publisher, Excel
$10 per hour
This position is part-time and short-term through May 2014.
Work schedule can be flexible from 10 – 15 hours per week
LWF does not offer benefits to hourly employees per LWF’s Employment, Compensation & Benefit Policy.
Please send resume’ and a writing sample to Rebecca Triche, executive director, at Rebecca@lawildlifefed.org.
The Louisiana Wildlife Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about the LWF at www.lawildlifefed.org/.